3.22.2005

Just show up and play their instruments

I noticed a flyer outside The Yacht Club, the IC's underground music venue. Said, "Jammin' Wednesdays" and "Instruments provided" and "Sit in on sessions" and, though belied by everything that came before, "Great music!" El Gordo, I thought you might be interested in this. If they have a bass and a guitar there, all we need is a drummer. Do we know any drummers here? Any other interested musicians? Brando, how are your karaoke chops nowadays? Surely we could get sloshed on pitchers and stagger through "God Save the Queen" or "Highway to Hell" or "I Wanna Be Sedated."

9 comments:

cfp said...

I could tap the skins next time I'm in town. Just don't expect anything all that good.

Michelle Falkoff said...

keyboards? if so, i'm in.

El Gordo de Amore said...

I'm in --

We just need those pesky drums -- I've got three guitars, a bass, and a keyboard.

For those about to rock, I salute you.

Grendel said...

Traded away the bass long ago for a guitar I never play. In fact, our puppy plays it more than I do -- when she comes out from behind the couch, her tails strums it every time.

But playing the bass is like riding a bicycle. No, wait. Like riding a tricycle. Actually, it's like riding a bus.

SER said...

I will watch/listen, clap enthusiastically, and drink heavily. Except that the drinking heavily will actually happen first.

Grendel said...

Pete, when are you coming to the IC? Maybe we should wait for you to give us more time to procrastinate and not practice. But in case we actually go through with it, should we be The Fireproof Goats?

Brando said...

I specialize in Til Tuesday and REO Speedwagon covers. I can do a pretty decent Danzig imitation, too, which would allow me to publicly perform the family classic, "Snakes of Christ."

I say we rock their socks off with a full version of "2112". ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION!

Grendel said...

WAIT a minute. How about a medley of:

"I Touch Myself"
"99 Luftballoons"
"Borderline" (Madonna)

cfp said...

Whatever we play, I think we should be called "Bristol City." It's cockney rhyming slang... for bosoms.

I definitely want to hear Brando's Danzig impersonation. I do one too. Maybe we could sing a duet, like "That's What Friends are For."

I have no idea when I'll be in IC, though, particularly on a Wednesday night. Feel free to plan this without me.