12.20.2005

Your Christmas presents

Earth Goat is about to turn one! It's been a lot of fun, and as a thank-you to all who have read and contributed, here are some original versions of Christmas carols and songs, created last weekend by Grendel and Traca de Broon (who only posts here in invisible pixels). What would happen, we wondered, if we combined an antique toy piano, some kazoos, wine, beer, jingle bells, a bodhran, and audio software?

instruments
In the interest of serving humanity, we decided to find out ...

Download all songs (9.5MB - Zip file)
Download all songs (9.5MB - StuffIt file)

* If you know the real name of this piece of music, please post it in a comment.

(c) 2005 A Kazookeepers Recording. Produced by The Mad Little Elves. All arrangements by Da Broon and Grendel.

10 comments:

TLB said...

You crazy kids!

That song, which has always been my favorite Christmas tune, is called "The Carol of the Bells."

Merry Merry.

Grendel said...

That's interesting -- both "Ring, Christmas Bells" and "The Carol of the Bells" give strong Google: 10,000 and 14,000 respectively. Maybe it has two names?

(This was re-commented because of a typo)

T-bone said...

tlb--you mean, you KAZOO kids!!! Gillymonster and I love it!

SER said...

That other bells song is my favorite carol - it's so menacing. Yet catchy!

Thanks for the CD - I laughed through the whole thing! Kazoos = inherently funny.

TJ said...

You liberals and your war on Christmas. Is there no low to which you will not stoop to mock this blessed pagan holiday?

Brando said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brando said...

This is the greatest thing since someone thought of putting together Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz. It cries out for a video.

A very Happy Holiday to both of you, and many thanks for the wonderful Festivus soundtrack.

SER said...

I have bad news: there is someone who very much disliked the Kazoo Christmas. That individual was Mark. My camera, unfortunately, was broken; otherwise, I could have snapped a shot of the young gentleman with his ears pricked suspiciously in the direction of the computer, mouth poised to bark. Lest the SPCA or PETA come after me, I turned off the music.

Of course, Mark is also afraid of Jimmy de Amore. Bock bock!

Grendel said...

SER, When we first played the kazoos, The Real Grendel freaked out, but gradually, grudgingly came to accept them over the course of ten minutes. Then we stopped and went upstairs to watch a movie. Secretly, I brought a kazoo with me. Halfway into the film, with him dozing on the futon beside me, I pulled it out and hummed one note. He did something then he'd never done before: without lifting his head, he WHAMMED his tail down ONCE, angrily, loudly, on the futon. Rough translation: "God-DAMMIT!"

the plunge said...

Hilarious. I love how, at the end of Merry Gentlemen, TdB goes, "I don't want to do that one again." Not getting paid overtime, Traca?