There's a new literary mag afoot called The New Anonymous. It's just what it sounds like. No name on your submission, the readers never see names, the editors are anonymous. Here's how to submit your stuff there:
1. All submissions should be e-mailed directly to The Mediator. It is The Mediator’s responsibility to a) protect the identity of the writer throughout the editorial and publication process and b) assure that all work is forwarded to the editorial board anonymously.
2. Attach your submission as a single word file (.doc format). This applies to poets too, i.e., if you are sending six poems, put them all in one document.
3. Do not include your name anywhere in the document. Time permitting, The Mediator will relieve your submission of your name; otherwise, it will simply be rejected.
4. In the body of your e-mail please include only your contact info.
5. In the subject of your e-mail, please write
a. For fiction/prose: “Title of Submission”
b. For poetry: “Poems”
Your submissions, which will be processed solely by The Mediator, should be e-mailed to:
We want to keep this process as pure possible, so if you want to submit using a pseudonymous e-mail address, that's okay with us.
If you have questions concerning your submission status or the journal in general, please use the following e-mail (not the one above):
Upon receiving your submission, The Mediator will send you a document—tendered by our attorney—which ensures that your submission will be, henceforth, relieved of its authorship. Your submission will then be sent, via e-mail, to the editors.
You may submit as many submissions as you wish. We accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us if your piece is accepted elsewhere. We embrace previously published work as well.
We are open to a range of fictions, prose and poetry. We accept anything from experimental fiction to cultural critique, from the uber-elliptical to heroic verse. Of course, the idea of Anonymous translations of Anonymous work appeals to us as well.
No more than 1 piece of fiction/prose per e-mail submission.
No more than 7 poems per e-mail submission.