2.24.2006

Why not to pop your kuckles on a beer glass

I was going to post this little ditty last night, before my nerve repair surgery this morning (finger cut, beer glass, severed ulnar nerve, numb right middle finger, stupid, big cast, lefthanded one-armed typist), during which I would be going under general anesthesia for the first time, but I thought, if I don't wake up, if I undergo one of those "morbid events," as my surgeon so delicately put it, then this would be too creepy a swan song. But I recorded it, and I woke up all right this morning, they were able to repair the nerve, and there's been no accordion around here lately, so I may as well put it up now. Sorry about the singing.

3 comments:

TJ said...

After your rehab's complete, I look forward to the epic B-side to this fine track: "Grendel of Suburbia/City of the Still-Fingered/I Don't Do Anesthesia/Dearly Operated/Tales of Another Broken Beer Glass."

Brando said...

I found Grendel's rendition had a quiet, Yo Lo Tengo quality.

Hope your paw heals quickly, my friend.

Grendel said...

Thanks you guys. Surgery was a spectacular success, I'm in no pain, but it will take 2 weeks for the cast to come off, and up to 2 years for the feeling to return to the darned finger. Ever typed clumsily using a pencil in your good hand with thumb and forefinger? Not productive. Look for sparse new posting from me for a while...