9.30.2008

Venetian gondoliers, for example

A friend sent me this. There's something really touching about it. In case you were wondering, the rest of the world is on pins and needles hoping Americans will do something right for a change.



Last time I was home, my sister's father-in-law asked me, "So, but don't they really hate Americans over there?" I shook my head. Nobody gets it! "They love Americans," I said. "They hate Bush, and what he's done."

Even in Turkey, where many said we were the first Americans they'd seen in their town, their eyes would light up when I said where I was from. "Oh! I love America," one man said. "Bush, PFFFFT. But America. It is the best country."

Btw, today is the deadline to donate for September. Give $30 by midnight and you get a free t-shirt by Election Day.

No comments: