4.27.2006

The Morning After

TLB did a fabulous job at her reading - you would never have guessed that it was her first. She handled the Q&A adeptly, too. There was a very large crowd, including, for about two minutes, the Man Who Used to Wear a Seersucker Suit but Now Does Not. He was sitting next to bR, and about two minutes into the reading, the Man got up and left. As I was departing, however, I noticed that the Man was sitting back in that reading nook on the second floor of Prairie Lights. We can only deduce from this information that he wanted to hear the reading, but needed to get away from bR. Perhaps the Man was intimidated.

6 comments:

iowagilchrist said...

The reading was great, and I'm doubly interested in finishing the book. We now own two copies, one to be gifted. T-bone finished Icebergs quickly, and she loved it. She won't quit talking about how much she loved it. So, my crazy semester ends soon, and I'm putting Icebergs on top of my summer reading.

The party (with sectional domonstration) was also top notch. Thanks again S and B.

Brando said...

SER's fondue was almost as sweet as seeing TLB behind the American Heritage Dictionary podium.

Great reading, terrific party, loads of fun all around.

cfp said...

My copy is on order. Can't wait to read it!

TLB said...

Folks, it was a pleasure. Glad to have my first live reading with the hometown crowd.

TLB said...

Also many thanks and kudos to SER and B Hillman for the excellent afterparty; hope no one was too tired this morning!

Michelle Falkoff said...

ditto re the awesomeness of both reading and party. i note that when i watched the daily show upon my return home, jon stewart proudly called some group or other a bunch of pussies, which clued me in that one of what i had thought were the seven words was clearly wrong. thanks for the confirmation.